- Be an educational resource center in the field of obesity prevention, both in our community and nationally
- Advocate for public policies that address the obesity epidemic.
- Be a catalyst for interdisciplinary collaboration:
- within the University of Minnesota,
- between the University and the local community, and
- between organizations nationally and internationally.
Established through the Healthy Foods, Healthy Lives Presidential Initiative,
the OPC supports:
- Research on both the causes and prevention of obesity,
- Educational offerings at the undergraduate and graduate level,
- Community outreach through educational programs and resources, and active involvement in the development of public health policies to reduce obesity.
- Consulting & Mentorship
- Pilot funding
- Grant administration
- Financial incentives
- MnOPT fellowship program
- Obesity-related coursework
- Seminars & Symposia
We work with community partners to develop and advocate for obesity prevention-related policies.